* Personal: Age 18; daughter of Scott and Marites Boren of Kahului; enjoys reading, writing, fashion, healthy foods and adventuring with friends.
* At School: Senior Class President, Varsity Air Rifle co-captain, Varsity Track and Field, Color Guard, National Honor Society, Action Team Captain, Principal's List Honor Roll, AP English, AP U.S. History.
* Off Campus: Scholastic writing awards and various volunteer projects.
* Beyond High School: Plans on majoring in either nutrition, fashion or travel industry management with a minor in writing. Goal is to attend a university in a city that offers extensive internship opportunities. Hopes her academic work experience will enable her to obtain a career related to her major and interests - like a dietician or fashion journalist.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My dad is my personal hero because persistence is his super power. He finishes all tasks and problems he takes on; he is the man in the household my mother and I can depend on. His business holds a respectable reputation from over 20 years of determined hard work. People all over the island know him as the man who can get the job done. Not only is he dedicated in his work, but also in his family; he took care of my grandma, who experienced dementia, for over three years. I admire him for his indestructible stamina."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.