* King Kekaulike High School / Grade 12
* GPA: 3.79 (AP calculus, AP biology, AP physics, AP psychology)
* SPORTS: Soccer, track and field, cross country
* FAMILY: Mei Chan of Pukalani and Erik Fredericksen of Makawao
* ACTIVITIES: National Honor Society, Interact club president, Leo club historian, Japanese club.
* FUTURE PLANS: Study mechanical engineering at University of Portland.
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "What I enjoy the most about being an athlete is I have a way to stay active and healthy and make new friends."