* Two Maui businessesmen now have positions on the Hawaii Employers Council Board of Governors.
Joseph A. Bradley, the publisher of The Maui News, was recently elected to the board.
Barry Helle, general manager at Wailea Old Blue, was re-elected as a board member.
The members will serve three-year terms ending on Dec. 31, 2016.
The organization is committed to advancing management's efforts to promote collaborative employee relations that result in skilled, engaged and effective workforces, according to a news release from the council.
* Former Kula resident Amanda Van Scoy has joined WCIT Architecture on Oahu as a project coordinator.
Van Scoy is a recent graduate of Kansas State University with a master's degree in architecture. She is also a 2008 Seabury Hall graduate.
While in college, in conjunction with the design-build summer intersession course, Van Scoy was involved in the design and construction of the Seaton Hall studio space and created construction documents, working drawings and labored in the built construction of the basement studio and hallway.
* The Honua Kai Condominium Association Inc. recently announced the selection and appointment of veteran hotelier and association manager Rick Tanner as its new general manager.
With more than 20 years of hospitality and resort operations management experience, Tanner was most recently general manger at the Whaler on Kaanapali Beach Maui for more than five years.
He was previously the executive director of the Northwest Georgia Convention Center and held other positions in different areas of the country.
He is chairman of Maui County's Board of Variances and Appeals is also a foster resource family for the state of Hawaii.
* John White has been appointed associate director of sales and marketing at Ka'anapali Beach Hotel.
He will help oversee sales and marketing initiatives for the hotel and its sister property, The Plantation Inn.
A native of Oregon, White has made his home on Maui since 2003, with a focus on the Hawaii tourism industry. Prior to rejoining Ka'anapali Beach Hotel, White was president of GoZip and ERi, designers and operators of ziplines. He previously co-launched the Kapalua Adventures Division of Kapalua Resort and was general manager of Maui Eco-Adventures.
* Jackie de Crinis of Kihei has recently been promoted at USA Network. She is now executive vice president of original programing for USA Network.
She will be responsible for all production and development of original programing of USA, including scripted and unscripted series. She will move back to Los Angeles. With USA, she was formerly a senior USA programming executive.
* Jason Williams has been promoted to vice president and investment consultant of Central Pacific Bank's Central Pacific Investment Services Division.
Based at the Kahului branch, he is responsible for providing professional investment and life insurance advice to the retail and small business markets.
Williams has been with CPB since 2006. He previously was a financial adviser at Morgan Stanley.
Williams has been part of the Maui community for more than 10 years and serves on several boards including Aloha House, Maui Youth and Family Services, Malama Family Recovery Center and Kiwanis Club of Kahului.