* "LONE SURVIVOR" R, 2:01. Action, biography, drama. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Based on the failed June 28, 2005, mission "Operation Red Wings:" four members of SEAL Team 10 are tasked with the mission to capture or kill notorious Taliban leader Ahmad Shahd. Stars Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch and Emile Hirsch. Directed by Peter Berg.
Taylor Kitsch (from left), Mark Wahlberg, Ben Foster and Emile Hirsch star in “Lone Survivor”
Universal Pictures photo via AP
* "THE LEGEND OF HERCULES" PG-13, 1:39. Action, adventure. Maui Mall Megaplex.
The origin story of the mythical Greek hero. Betrayed by his stepfather, the King, and exiled and sold into slavery because of a forbidden love, Hercules must use his formidable powers to fight his way back to his rightful kingdom. Starring Kellan Lutz, Gaia Weiss and Scott Adkins. Directed by Renny Harlin.
* "GIRL, BOY, BAKLA, TOMBOY" NR, 1:45. Comedy. Kaahumanu 6 (Tagalog with English subtitles)
Stars Vice Ganda, Bobby Andrews and Jon Avila. Directed by Wennn V. Dermas.
* "INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS" R, 1:44. Drama, music. Kaahumanu 6.
A week in the life of a young singer as he navigates the Greenwich Village folk scene of 1961. Stars Oscar Isaac, Carey Mulligan and John Goodman. DirectEhtan Coen and Joel Coen.
* "THE ADVENTURER: THE CURSE OF THE MIDAS BOX" PG, 1:38. Adventure, family, fantasy. Kaahumanu 6. Showing Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday.
Ancient mysteries. Powerful evil. And a fearless hero's quest through a fantastical realm of steam-powered wonders and sinister magic. Stars Michael Sheen, Lena Headey and Sam Neill. Directed by Jonathan Newman.
* "EVANGELION: 3.0 YOU CAN (NOT) REDO" (2012 Japan) NR, 1:46. Animation, action, drama. Kaahumanu 6. Showing Saturday and Tuesday.
Fourteen years have passed since the end of 2.0; Misato has now formed a group that is separate from Nerv. "Evangerion shin gekijoban: Kyu" was the original title. Starring Megumi Ogata, Megumi Hayashibara and Yuko Miyamura.
* "American Hustle" R, 2:18. Crime, drama. Maui Mall Megaplex.
A conman, Irving Rosenfeld, along with his seductive British partner, Sydney Prosser, is forced to work for a wild FBI agent, Richie DiMaso. DiMaso pushes them into a world of Jersey powerbrokers and mafia.
* "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues" PG-13, 1:59. Comedy. Lahaina Wharf Cinemas and Kaahumanu 6.
With the 70s behind him, San Diego's top-rated newsman, Ron Burgundy, returns to take New York's first 24-hour news channel by storm. Stars Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate and Paul Rudd. Directed by Adam McKay.
* "Blue Jasmine" PG-13, 1:38. Comedy. Ends today Kaahumanu 6.
Hailed by critics, this Woody Allen directed and written film, released earlier this year, returns to Kaahumanu 6. When everything in her life falls to pieces, including her marriage to wealthy businessman Hal (Alec Baldwin), elegant New York socialite Jasmine (Cate Blanchett) moves into sister Ginger's (Sally Hawkins) modest apartment in San Francisco to try to pull herself back together again. What she soon finds is that lives constructed on pretense can only stand for so long.
* "Frozen," PG, 1:25. Animation, kids and family. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Walt Disney Pictures presents one of its coolest comedy-adventures yet. When a prophecy traps a kingdom in eternal winter, Anna (voiced by Kristen Bell), teams up with extreme mountain man Kristoff and his sidekick reindeer, Sven. They embark on an epic journey to find Anna's sister, Elsa, and put an end to the Snow Queen's icy spell.
* "Grudge Match" PG-13, 1:53. Comedy, drama. Kaahumanu 6 and Lahaina Wharf Cinemas.
Two aging boxing rivals are coaxed out of retirement to fight one final bout - 30 years after their last match. Stars Robert De Niro, Sylvester Stallone and Kim Basinger.
* "Justin Bieber's Believe" PG, 1:32. Documentary. Maui Mall Megaplex.
A backstage and onstage look at Justin Bieber during his rise to superstardom. Starring Justin Bieber, Scooter Braun and Ryan Good.
* "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" PG-13, 2:19. Drama, special interest. Maui Mall Megaplex.
"People learn to hate. They can be taught to love." The life story of revolutionary, radical, liberator and Nobel Peace Prize winner Nelson Mandela as you've never seen it before. Starring Iris Elba and Naomie Harris. Features the original song, "Ordinary Love," by U2.
* "Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones" R, 1:24. Horror, thriller. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Jesse, a young Californian (Andrew Jacobs), is "marked" for possession by the same malevolent demon who previously claimed Kristi and Katie. Family and friends try to save Jesse from the unrelenting force. And in the end, only one thing is sure: You'll leave theaters thoroughly freaked out. Christopher Landon (son of "Highway to Heaven" actor Michael Landon) wrote and directed this "Paranormal Activity" spin-off/sequel, produced by Oren Peli and Jason Blum.
* "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" PG-13, 2:41. Adventure, drama, fantasy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
The dwarves, along with Bilbo Baggins and Gandalf the Grey, continue their quest to reclaim Erebor, their homeland, from Smaug. Bilbo Baggins is in possession of a mysterious and magical ring. Stars Ian McKellen, Martin Freeman and Richard Armitage. Peter Jackson directs.
* "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" PG-13, 2:26. Action and adventure, science fiction and fantasy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
This middle chapter of "The Hunger Games" franchise doesn't have a dull moment: Bigger, better, broodier action sequences keep the story a success for many critics. Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) and Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson) return home after winning the 74th annual Hunger Games, only to have to turn around and leave family and friends for the Victor's Tour of the districts. Sensing a rebellion is brewing, Katniss moves from survivor to leader. Meanwhile, the districts prepare for the 75th games, a competition that could change Panem forever.
* "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" PG, 1:54. Adventure, comedy, drama. Kaahumanu 6 and Lahaina Wharf Cinemas.
A day-dreamer escapes his anonymous life by disappearing into a world of fantasies filled with heroism, romance and action. Starring Ben Stiller, Kristen Wing and Adam Scott.
* "The Wolf of Wall Street" R, 3:00. Biography, comedy, crime. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Based on the true story of Jordan Belfort: from his rise to a wealthy stockbroker living the high life to his fall involving crime, corruption and the federal government. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio, P.J. Byrne and Jon Favreau.
* "Saving Mr. Banks" PG-13, 2:05. Biography, comedy, drama. Kaahumanu 6.
Author P. L. Travers reflects on her difficult childhood while meeting with filmmaker Walt Disney during production for the adaptation of her novel, "Mary Poppins." Starring Emma Thompson, Tom Hanks and Annie Rose Buckley. Directed by John Lee Hancock.
* "Tyler Perry's: A Madea Christmas" PG-13, 1:45. Comedy, drama. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Madea dispenses her unique form of holiday spirit on a rural town when she's coaxed into helping a friend pay her daughter a surprise visit in the country for Christmas. Starring Tyler Perry, Chad Michael Murray and Tika Sumpter. Written and directed by Tyler Perry.
* "Walking with Dinosaurs" 3-D, PG, 1:27. Animation, action, family. Maui Mall Megaplex.
See and feel what it was like when dinosaurs ruled the Earth in a story where an underdog dino triumphs to become a hero for the ages. Starring voices of Charlie Rowe, Karl Urban and Angourie Rice.
* "47 Ronin" 3-D, PG-13, 1:59. Action, adventure, fantasy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
A band of samurai sets out to avenge the death and dishonor of its master at the hands of a ruthless shogun. Starring Keanu Reeves, Hiroyuki Sanada and Ko Shibasaki.