To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Gardening classes. To register, contact Anne Gachuhi at 446-2361 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
** "Plant Propagation Techniques" will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday at Hope Chapel, Kihei. This class explores the two major types of propagation: using seeds and using vegetative plant parts. Participants will have an opportunity for hands-on activities. Bring 24-inch cuttings of citrus, avocadoes, figs or mangoes. Cost is $10.
** "Pruning Made Easy" will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Lumeria Maui, Makawao. Learn how to prune, what to prune, the right time to prune and reasons for pruning the right way. Cost is $15.
* "Day with the Whales," with wildlife photographer Scott Mead will be March 1. The daylong workshop starts with classroom instruction followed by three hours on-board a 30-foot rigid inflatable boat. Participants will have an opportunity to create metallic canvas prints and learn proper non-destructive editing techniques. The workshop is limited to 10 participants. Cost is $250. To register, call (808) 573-6875.
* Patch class. "Basic Series (514) Addressing Hawaii's Environmental Standard" will be from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. Class will cover an overview of Hawaii State regulations addressing environmental (safety) standards. For more information, call 249-0101.
* Meditation and Shakti workshops. The following workshops will be at Awakening in Paradise, 1215 S. Kihei Road. Workshops cost $10. For more information, contact (808) 585-1989 or email@example.com.
** "Miracle Meditations" offered by Babaji Maharaj and the Omatrix Center will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday. Receive beginning to advanced meditation techniques for empowerment and transformation in your life.
** "Shakti: Divine Power Healing" will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Learn about the power of Shakti for divine healing.
* Business workshops. The following workshops will be held at Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall, Suite B-9 and are subject to change or cancellation. Workshops are free unless otherwise noted. For more information or to reserve a seat, call 873-8247.
** "Pinning for Profits: How to Use Pinterest for Business" with Danielle Miller will be from noon to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday. Learn how this social network can help you establish brand authority, reach a wider audience and drive traffic to your site.
** "Business Branding with Online Marketing" with Nicole Fisher will be from noon to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. Workshop will cover building your brand across the social media platforms and go over eight questions you need to ask before you brand your business.
** "Starting a Business in Maui County" with Karen Arakawa will be from noon to 1 p.m. Friday. Workshop will cover general information and requirements for starting a business in Maui County and the requirements for a Maui County Vendor Business License. Handouts, website and other useful information will be provided.
* Meditation classes. Heart Path with Denise Key will be from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays through March 11 at Awakening in Paradise, 1215 S. Kihei Road, Suite D2, in Kihei. The classes include introduction to meditation. Cost is $15 per class. For information, contact (810) 287-9253 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Astronomy for Beginners" with Becky Sydney will be from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday through March 13. Learn about recent discoveries in astronomy and how to use a telescope to guide your way through the heavens. Cost is $109.
** "College for Kids: The Polymers are Coming!" with Karl Topper will be from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday. How much water can a diaper hold? Get a blast of winter by making snow in Hawaii. Explore these and other polymeric experiments. Requirements: Grade 4-8. Cost is $39, material fee: $6.