Bob Dylan to perform April 26 at MACC
Singer-songwriter Bob Dylan will perform at 7:30 p.m. April 26 at Maui Arts & Cutural Center's A&B Amphitheater.
Tickets to MACC members go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday. Members of the public may purchase tickets beginning at 10 a.m. March 1. Ticket prices start at $59 and may be purchased online at mauiarts.org, by phone at 242-SHOW (7469) or in person at the MACC box office.
Boy, 2, hospitalized after being pulled from pool
A 2-year-old boy was transported to Maui Memorial Medical Center in critical condition Sunday after he was discovered at the bottom of a pool at the Kihei Aquatic Center, police said.
Officers responded to the pool at 2:56 p.m. The boy was taken out of the pool by his aunt, who had found him, police said.
A lifeguard on duty administered cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
After being transported to the Wailuku hospital, the boy was flown to Oahu for further treatment, police said.
Lanes around Maui to be closed for roadwork
The state Department of Transportation has announced that work on Maui County roads this week is scheduled in the following areas:
* Lane detours will occur in both directions of Haleakala Highway between Kula Highway and Pulehuiki Road from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Friday for pavement resurfacing. No lanes will be closed but traffic will be routed around the work zone.
* There will be a lane closure in the northbound direction of Honoapiilani Highway between Kuihelani Highway and Kapoli Street from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Friday for road restriping.
* A northbound lane of Kuiheilani Highway between Honoapiilani Highway and Puunene Avenue will be closed from 8:20 a.m to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Friday for road repairs.
Information sought for Summer Fun Guide
The Maui News will be publishing a Summer Fun Guide of activities for children and teens on April 13.
The deadline to submit information is noon April 2.
Submit the following:
* Name of program and for what ages.
* Sponsoring organization or business.
* Program times and dates.
* Location of the program.
* Description of program.
* Cost of the program.
* Contact information.
Information may be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 242-9087 or mailed to Summer Fun Guide, The Maui News, 100 Mahalani St., Wailuku 96793.
Photos may be submitted for use on a space-available basis. Shots of people doing things are preferable; group shots are unlikely to be used. Photos may be emailed in digital tif, jpg or eps formats with a minimum resolution of 300 pixels per inch. Individuals in photos must by identified by first and last name.