To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* After School Homework Program. "Homework Club Power Hour" will be at 2:30 p.m. weekdays at the Learning Center of Maui. The goal is to instill good work habits, organizational skills, and a sense of accomplishment in every student. Prices vary depending on number of students. For more information, call 873-6217.
* Maui County Business Resource Center will be holding the following workshops at the Maui Mall, Suite B-9. The workshops are subject to change or cancellation and are free unless otherwise noted. To reserve a seat, call 873-8247.
** "The Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Pono Center - How Can it Help Your Small Business" with Susie Thieman will be from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday. Learn all the options available at the Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Pono Center in Wailuku if you are in business or thinking of going into business.
** "Quickbooks for Small Business" with Richard Kehoe, CPA, will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday. This class is for new users and will teach you how to record sales, receive payments, prepare invoices and balance your checkbook. Cost is $45 per session.
* PATCH is a nonprofit organization offering basic classes to assist in becoming a licensed day care provider. For information, call 249-0101.
** "Basic Series Family Child Care Environment " will be from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. Class will cover an overview of key elements to include in family child care environments.
** "Basic Series Program Provisions: Child Development " will be from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday. Class will cover an overview of Hawaii state regulations for meeting the needs of children and an introduction to child development.
* Gardening class. "Basic Lawn Care Practices" with Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Lumeria Maui, Makawao. This session covers lawn care products, proper watering, proper fertilization, dethatching, core aeration, correct mowing practices, lawn insect pests and disease control. Cost is $15. To register, contact Gachuhi at 446-2361 or email@example.com.
* Pacific Whale Foundation. "SeaWees" will be from 9 to 10 a.m. Wednesdays through April 2 (excluding March 26) at Pacific Whale Foundation's Discovery Center, Maalaea Harbor, unless otherwise noted. SeaWees is an educational program for children ages 3-5 featuring developmentally appropriate early-childhood practice including music/movement, demonstrations and guided exploration delivered in a child-centered environment. The program includes three classroom sessions and a "SEAfari" outing. Each child must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver. Cost of a 4-week session is $60 ($70 non-members). For information or reservations, call 249-8811, ext. 1.
* Personal Development classes. The Rev. Blaine Tinsley will teach a 5-week class on the book "Just One Thing: Developing a Buddha Brain One Simple Practice at a Time" from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays through March 26 at Unity Church of Maui, 483 High St., Wailuku. The book offers simple brain-training exercises you can do every day to relieve stress, uplift your mood and find greater emotional resilience. Cost is $10 per class. To register, call 283-3865.
* Personal Development workshops. Core & Cellular Transformation workshops with Ger Lyons will be at the Montessori School of Maui, 2933 Baldwin Ave., Makawao. The 3-day workshop will be March 7-9 (cost is $355/$325 if pre-registered) and the 6-day workshop will be March 7-12 (cost is $685/$585 if pre-registered). The workshops offer a simple, yet profound practice of dismantling and releasing anything that is obstructing your connection to truth and love. Pre-registration applications are due by Friday. Contact 269-6389 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Health. "Plant-based Diets in the Prevention and Treatment of Chronic Disease: Recent Findings" with Brenda Davis will be at 7 p.m. Saturday, at the Cameron Center, 95 Mahalani St., Wailuku. This presentation examines the current evidence on chronic disease as it relates to plant-based diets. Free. For more information, contact 280-6865 or email@example.com.
* Healing Touch Level 2 with Lori Protzman and Sarah Porter will be from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and March 2 at Hale Mahaolu Ehiku in Kihei. The class is open to all who have completed Healing Touch Level 1; preregistration is required. Cost is $325 including class materials. Registered nurses and licensed massage therapists receive 17.5 CEUs upon completion. To register, contact Tabitha Benner, 879-4044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* EdVenture class. "Nutrition for Menopause: Special Needs for Special Women" with Steve and Catherine Blake will be from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. March 3 and 10 at the University of Hawaii Maui College. Learn how to adjust your diet to minimize hot flashes; restore moisture to dry skin; choose special supplements which might be needed after age 50; and use medicinal plants to help with hormone balance. This class will provide tips and tools to promote self-healing, avoid inflammation, and live a full and graceful life. Cost is $89. To register, call 984-3231.