The Maui County Council's Budget and Finance Committee will hold evening meetings throughout Maui County in April to receive community input on the county's 2014-15 budget.
"It is in your best interest to speak out and inform your elected officials how tax dollars should be spent. I encourage everyone to participate because after all, it is your money," said Committee Chairman Mike White.
The meetings will begin at 6 p.m. Except for the April 17 meeting at Lihikai Elementary School in Kahului, which will begin at 6:30 p.m.
The meetings are as follows:
* April 2, Mayor Hannibal Tavares Community Center, Pukalani, for the Upcountry district of Pukalani, Kula and Ulupalakua.
* April 4, Lanai Senior Center, Lanai District.
* April 7, Lahaina Civic Center, West Maui District.
* April 9, Paia Community Center, Makawao, Haiku, Paia District.
* April 11, Kalanianaole Hall, Kalamaula, Molokai; Molokai District.
* April 14, Kihei Community Center, South Maui District.
* April 17, Lihikai Elementary School cafeteria, Wailuku, Waihee, Waikapu and Kahului Districts.
* April 22, Helene Social Hall, Hana; East Maui District, Hana, Keanae and Kailua.
The committee also will conduct budget meetings in the Council Chamber in the Kalana O Maui building on most days beginning Monday through May 2.
For more information on meeting dates, see mauicounty.gov/2015Budget.