State Department of Transportation hearings to help identify projects statewide to be funded in part by federal and transit funds in fiscal years 2015-18 will be held on Maui from Monday to May 15.
The public informational meetings will be held to discuss and to solicit comment on the draft Statewide Transportation Improvement Program for fiscal years 2015-18. Comments gathered will help guide the finalization of the plan, the news release from the Transportation Department said.
The Transportation Department has a draft list of 45 projects for Maui, all of which cannot be funded within the time period and funds available. The meetings will help officials prioritize the projects.
Among the 45 projects for Maui are:
* The North-South Collector Road for Kihei that runs parallel and makai of Piilani Highway from Kaonoulu Road to Namauu Place and Haleiki Street and Auhana Road.
* Two phases of the Honoapiilani Highway realignment, a highway makua of the Lahaina Bypass. The two phases run from Lahainaluna Road to past Honokowai.
* The Paia Bypass around the Hana Highway-Baldwin Avenue intersection.
There also were bridge repair and replacement, traffic signal and safety repair projects.
The meeting schedule follows:
* Monday, 6 p.m., King Kekaulike High School cafeteria, 121 Kula Highway.
* Tuesday, 6 p.m., Kihei Elementary School cafeteria, 250 E. Lipoa St.
* Wednesday, 6 p.m., West Maui Senior Center cafeteria, 788 Pauoa St.
* May 15, 6 p.m., state Department of Transportation Highways Division Maui District Office Conference Room, 650 Palapala Drive, Kahului.
Comments may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to (808) 587-1787 or by mail to Highway Planning Branch, 869 Punchbowl St., Room 301, Honolulu 96813.
More information on the draft plan is available at hidot.hawaii.gov/highways/other/other-related-links/stip.