* Personal: Son of Rose and Pedro Foronda of Wailuku; enjoys soccer, running, hiking, and playing the piano.
* At School: Cross country co-captain, soccer co-captain, track and field co-captain, Outdoor Adventure Club president, schoolwide announcement sports anchor.
* Off Campus: St. Anthony kindergarten catechism teacher, Maui United Soccer Club, soccer referee.
* Beyond High School: Plans to major in biology at the University of Portland.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal hero is my late grandfather Michael Janosko, who passed away a few years ago. He was always a very supportive family man, whether it be putting time aside to teach his grandchildren how to count, or working in the coal mines as a child to assist his family financially. He also supported my mother to pursue a college education at Seattle University, helping her to become a nurse practitioner. His unselfish love and care impacted those around him, and that is why he is the man I hope to be when I grow up."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.