Restroom, park and playground repairs will shut down facilities in five parks in Central and South Maui in projects that run through July 2.
The repairs are part of the county Department of Parks and Recreation's maintenance program to repair aging park restrooms, facilities and recreational equipment.
The facilities and repair schedules follow:
* War Memorial Little League Field restrooms, currently closed and expected to reopen by June 26 in preparation for the state Pony League Tournament in late June and the state Senior Softball Tournament in August.
* First entrance restrooms at Kanaha Beach Park and restrooms at Paukukalo Park, closed for repair Monday and expected to reopen July 2. The projects will include plumbing fixture replacements, painting and general repair work.
* "Keyhole" entrance at Kanaha Beach Park, will be closed from Monday to June 6, while sand is relocated as part of a coastal dune restoration project.
* Third entrance restrooms at Kanaha Beach Park, currently under repair and expected to reopen Monday.
* South Maui Community Park Playground, closed for repairs June 17-21. A partial closure of the whale playground feature will remain in effect through June 30, while the structure undergoes extensive repairs.
For more information, contact the department at 270-7626 or the South Maui Parks and Recreation Office at 879-4364.