These are Maui Scene's minireviews, excerpts of wire service reviews and previews provided by studios and other sources.
* "EDGE OF TOMORROW" PG-13, 1:53. Action, sci-fi. Maui Mall Megaplex. An officer finds himself caught in a time loop amid a war with an alien race. His skills increase as he faces the same brutal combat scenarios, and his union with a Special Forces warrior gets him closer and closer to defeating the enemy. Starring Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt and Bill Paxton.
Tom Cruise stars in action sci-fi “Edge of Tomorrow.”
Warner Bros. Pictures photo via AP
* "THE FAULT IN OUR STARS" PG-13, 2:05. Drama, romance. Kaahumanu 6. Hazel and Gus are two teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional and a love that sweeps them on a journey. Their relationship is all the more miraculous given that Hazel's other constant companion is an oxygen tank, Gus jokes about his prosthetic leg, and they met and fell in love at a cancer support group. Stars Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort and Nat Wolff.
* "HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON" (2010) PG, 1:32. Animation, adventure, comedy. Playing at 10 a.m. Wednesday and June 12 at Kaahumanu 6. Check www.fandango.com for complete schedule. A hapless young viking who aspires to hunt dragons becomes the unlikely friend of a young dragon and learns there may be more to the creatures than he assumed. "How to Train Your Dragon 2" is scheduled to open June 13.
* "A MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST" R, 1:56. Comedy, western. Kaahumanu 6 and Lahaina Wharf Cinema. A cowardly sheep farmer named Albert dodges a gunfight, only to have his fickle girlfriend ditch him for another man. Albert begins to find courage - and love - when a mysterious and beautiful woman arrives in town. But, a notorious outlaw, who happens to be the husband of Albert's new crush, shows up to seek revenge. Stars MacFarlane, Charlize Theron and Liam Neeson.
* "BLENDED" PG-13, 1:57. Comedy. Maui Mall Megaplex. After a bad blind date, a man and woman find themselves stuck together at a resort for families, where their attraction grows as their respective kids benefit from the burgeoning relationship. Stars Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore and Wendi McLendon-Covey.
* "CHEF" R, 1:55. Comedy. Maui Mall Megaplex. A chef, who loses his restaurant job, starts up a food truck in an effort to reclaim his creative promise, while piecing back together his estranged family. Starring Jon Favreau, Robert Downey Jr. and Scarlett Johansson.
* "GODZILLA" PG-13, 2:03. Action, adventure, sci-fi. Kaahumanu 6 and Lahaina Wharf Cinema. The world's most infamous creature is pitted against malevolent monsters who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence. Starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen and Bryan Cranston.
* "HEAVEN IS FOR REAL" PG, 1:40. Drama. Maui Mall Megaplex. A small-town father must find the courage and conviction to share his son's extraordinary, life-changing experience with the world. Stars Greg Kinnear, Kelly Reilly and Thomas Haden Church.
* "MALEFICENT" PG, 1:37. Action, adventure, family. Maui Mall Megaplex and Lahaina Wharf Cinema. Discover the untold story of one of Disney's most infamous villains: Maleficent from "Sleeping Beauty." Fueled by revenge and a fierce desire to control her kingdom, Maleficent places an irrevocable curse on the king's newborn infant, Aurora. Soon, Maleficent realizes that Aurora may be the only one who can restore peace to the animal and human kingdoms. The stone-cold villainess takes drastic action that threatens to change both worlds forever. Starring Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning and Sharlto Copley.
* "MAYBE THIS TIME" NR (Phillippines), 2:32. Comedy, drama, romance. Kaahumanu 6.The story of sweethearts Steph and Tonio, whose relationship ends sourly when he leaves her without saying goodbye. Heartbroken, Steph toughens up and sets sights on bigger dreams, until she and Tonio cross paths again.
* "MILLION DOLLAR ARM" PG, 2:04. Biography, drama, sport. Kaahumanu 6. A sports agent stages an unconventional recruitment strategy to get talented Indian cricket players to play Major League Baseball. Stars Jon Hamm, Aasif Mandvi and Alan Arkin.
* "NEIGHBORS" R, 1:36. Comedy. Maui Mall Megaplex and Lahaina Wharf Cinema. A couple with a newborn baby face unexpected difficulties after they are forced to live next to a fraternity house. Starring Seth Rogen, Rose Byrne ad Zac Efron.
* "RIO 2" G, 1:41. Animation, adventure, comedy. Ends today at Kaahumanu 6. It's a jungle out there for Blu, Jewel and their three kids after they're hurtled from Rio de Janeiro to the wilds of the Amazon. Starring voices of Jesse Eisenberg as Blu, Anne Hathaway as Jewel and others such as Bruno Mars, Jamie Fox and Will i Am.
* "THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2" PG-13, 2:22. Action, adventure, fantasy. Maui Mall Megaplex. Peter Parker enjoys Spider-Man benefits, i.e., spending time with Gwen. But his ordinary and extraordinary lives are in grave danger when he's faced with new threats, Electro, and the mysterious company OsCorp. Starring Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Jamie Foxx.
* "THE OTHER WOMAN" PG-13, 1:49. Comedy, romance. Maui Mall Megaplex. After discovering her boyfriend is married, Carly soon meets the wife he's been cheating on. And when yet another affair is discovered, all three women team up to plot mutual revenge on the three-timing SOB. Stars Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann and Kate Upton.
* "TURBO" PG, 1:35. Animation, kids, family. Ends today at Kaahumanu 6. Welcome back to the big scrreen one of the most beloved animated films of 2013. From the makers of "Madagascar" and "Kung Fu Panda," this high-velocity comedy followes a snail who dares to dream big - and fast. After a freak accident infuses him with the power of super-speed, Turbo kicks into overdrive and embarks on an extraordinary journey to achieve the seemingly impossible: competing in the world's fastest race, the Indianapolis 500. Voices by Ryan Reynolds, Paul Giamatti and Samuel L. Jackson.
* "X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST" PG-13, 2:11. Adventure, fantasy. Maui Mall Megaplex and Lahaina Wharf Cinema. The X-Men send Wolverine to the past in a desperate effort to change history and prevent an event that results in doom for both humans and mutants. Starring Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen and Hugh Jackman.
* Movie listings reflect showings that are made available by theaters at press time. Films are subject to change and may be released after publication. For up-to-date movies and showtimes, visit www.fandango.com.