To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Pacific Whale Foundation. "Moonlight Tidepool Exploration" will be from 6 to 8 p.m. today. This event is recommended for people ages 6 and over. Cost is $7 per child, $15 per adult. For reservations, call 249-8811, ext. 1. Book online at www.pacificwhale.org and save 10 percent.
* Maui Historical Society will be conducting summer art workshops for children ages 7 and up with art instructor Chelsea Vaas from noon to 2 p.m. June 28, July 5, July 12 and July 26. Each workshop will have a different theme and lesson. Cost is $15 (MHS members $10) per workshop, supplies are included. Space is limited to 20 children per workshop. To register, contact 244-3326 or email@example.com.
* Soul Space Maui. "Unity Children's Summer Program" will be from June 16-20, July 7-11 and July 14-18 at Unity of Maui at 483 S. High St. in Wailuku. The children will enjoy art, music, movement and the Bible. For more information, contact Ronda Felix at 205-8302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Maui Art Camp. Half-day art camps for kids with Maggie Sutrov will be from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. (ages 6-8) and 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. (ages 9-12) Monday through Thursday (Week 1) and June 16 through July 18 (Weeks 2-5) at the Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentoring Center, 200 Waimaluhia Lane in Wailuku. Kids will fall in love with making art. Cost is $80 (Week 1) and $99 per week (Weeks 2-5). To register, visit mauiartcamp.com/ or call Maggie Sutrov at 283-0109.
* Caregiver workshop. "Daily Challenges of a Caregiver" with Kathleen Couch, program coordinator, Maui Adult Day Care Centers will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday at Hale Hulu Mamo in Hana. Learn the stages caregivers go through from early to late caregiving, understanding the stress and emotions caregivers experience, unmet needs of caregivers, and life after caregiving. Free. Call 248-8833 or 871-5804.
* Business workshops. The following County of Maui Mayor's Office of Economic Development workshop/meeting will be held at Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall, Suite B-9. Seating is limited, and subject to change or cancellation. To reserve a seat for the workshop, call 873-8247. Workshops are free unless otherwise noted.
** "Business on the Grill with MBB Members" will be from noon to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday. A MBB member submits his own business to be grilled. To attend, RSVP at www.meetup.com/mauibusinessbrainstormers. Nonmembers need to join the free membership first.
** "Understanding and Paying Off Debts for Individuals and Small Business Owners" with Phil Lenefsky will be from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday. Learn how to pay off debts quickly and which debt to pay off first. The presentation is strictly for educational purposes. Review any action you might undertake with your accountant, financial planner or attorney.
* Somatics classes. Exploration of gentle movements designed to teach you how to free yourself from pain and to move with greater lightness and ease will be from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays in Pukalani (Wisdom Flow Yoga). Cost is $15 per class. Call Lisa Cary at 878-1612 or see www.mauisomatics.com.
* Gardening class. "Backyard Composting Basics" with Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network, LLC will be from 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday at Lumeria Maui, Makawao. Learn the five critical factors needed for successful composting, the right materials to use, which materials to avoid, how to build and manage a compost pile and what to do if you experience any problems during your composting process. Cost is $15. To register, contact 446-2361 or email@example.com.
* Art classes. Kihei summer keiki art classes with Barbara Steinberg will be from 3 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays (June 18 through Aug. 13) at Kihei Aquatic Center. Drawing, pen and ink, and watercolor art classes for keiki age 5 to 12. Co-sponsored by Maui County Department of Parks & Recreation. Call 269-6845; visit www.barbarasteinbergart.com.
* Kaiser Permanente. "It's Not Just Routine" will be from 5:45 to 7:45 p.m. Thursday at the Maui Lani Medical Office, 55 Maui Lani Parkway, in Wailuku. Class will look at developmentally appropriate feeding, diapering, and toileting routines. Free. To register, call 242-1608 (Early Childhood Resource Center).
* "Combating Common Diseases with Plant" with Michael Greger, M.D., will be at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Cameron Center, 95 Mahalani St., Wailuku. Learn the top 12 reasons people visit doctors and how a healthy diet can affect some of the most common medical conditions. Free. Contact 280-6865 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Composting workshop funded by SharingAloha will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the MOA Center, 164 Kamehameha Avenue, in Kahului. Cost is $10. To register, call 573-3911.
* Dance classes. Argentine Tango classes with Bruce and Yoko Wee of Honolulu will be Saturday from 10 to 11:30 a.m. (Beginner class - open to all) and 2 to 3:30 p.m. (Follower Technique class); and June 15 from 10 to 11:30 a.m. (Colgades) and 2 to 3:30 p.m. (Volcadas). Recommended at least intermediate level knowledge of Tango to attend June 15 classes. Cost is $25 per class or $80 for all four classes. Visit www.sumekance.com or call 249-9790.