These are Maui Scene's minireviews, excerpts of wire service reviews and previews provided by studios and other sources.
* "HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2" PG, 1:42. Animation, action, adventure. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Jonah Hill, Ice Cube and Channing Tatum star in “22 Jump Street”
Sony Pictures photo via AP
Ansel Elgort and Shailene Woodley star in the romance-drama, “The Fault in Our Stars.”
20th Century Fox photo via AP
Astrid (voiced by America Ferrera) rides a dragon in a scene from “How to Train Your Dragon 2”
DreamWorks Animation photo via AP
When Hiccup and Toothless discover an ice cave that is home to hundreds of new, wild dragons and the mysterious Dragon Rider, the two friends find themselves at the center of a battle to protect the peace. Voiced by Jay Baruchel, Cate Blanchett and Gerard Butler.
* "22 JUMP STREET" R, 1:52. Action, comedy, crime. Kaahumanu 6.
After making their way through high school (twice), big changes are in store for officers Schmidt and Jenko when they go deep undercover at a local college. Starring Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill and Ice Cube.
* "HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON" (2010) PG, 1:32. Animation, adventure, comedy. Playing at 10 a.m. today at Kaahumanu 6. Check www.fandango.com for details.
A hapless young viking who aspires to hunt dragons becomes the unlikely friend of a dragon and learns there may be more to the creatures than he assumed.
* "THE LEGO MOVIE" PG, 1:40. Animation, adventure, comedy. Playing at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Kaahumanu 6.
An ordinary Lego construction worker, thought to be the prophesied "Special," is recruited to join a quest to stop an evil tyrant from gluing the Lego universe into eternal stasis.
* "A MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST" R, 1:56. Comedy, western. Lahaina Wharf Cinema and ends today at Kaahumanu 6.
A cowardly sheep farmer named Albert dodges a gunfight, only to have his fickle girlfriend ditch him for another man. Albert begins to find courage - and love - when a mysterious and beautiful woman arrives in town. But, a notorious outlaw, who happens to be the husband of Albert's new crush, shows up to seek revenge. Stars MacFarlane, Charlize Theron and Liam Neeson.
* "BLENDED" PG-13, 1:57. Comedy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
After a bad blind date, a man and woman find themselves stuck together at a resort for families, where their attraction grows as their respective kids benefit from the burgeoning relationship. Stars Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore and Wendi McLendon-Covey.
* "CHEF" R, 1:55. Comedy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
A chef, who loses his restaurant job, starts up a food truck in an effort to reclaim his creative promise, while piecing back together his estranged family. Starring Jon Favreau, Robert Downey Jr. and Scarlett Johansson.
* "EDGE OF TOMORROW" PG-13, 1:53. Action, sci-fi. Maui Mall Megaplex and Lahaina Wharf Cinema.
An officer finds himself caught in a time loop amid a war with an alien race. His skills increase as he faces the same brutal combat scenarios, and his union with a Special Forces warrior gets him closer and closer to defeating the enemy. Starring Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt and Bill Paxton.
* "GODZILLA" PG-13, 2:03. Action, adventure, sci-fi. Kaahumanu 6.
The world's most infamous creature is pitted against malevolent monsters who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence. Starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen and Bryan Cranston.
* "HEAVEN IS FOR REAL" PG, 1:40. Drama. Maui Mall Megaplex.
A small-town father must find the courage and conviction to share his son's extraordinary, life-changing experience with the world. Stars Greg Kinnear, Kelly Reilly and Thomas Haden Church.
* "MALEFICENT" PG, 1:37. Action, adventure, family. Maui Mall Megaplex and Lahaina Wharf Cinema.
Discover the untold story of one of Disney's most infamous villains: Maleficent from "Sleeping Beauty." Fueled by revenge and a fierce desire to control her kingdom, Maleficent places an irrevocable curse on the king's newborn infant, Aurora. Soon, Maleficent realizes that Aurora may be the only one who can restore peace to the animal and human kingdoms. The stone-cold villainess takes drastic action that threatens to change both worlds forever. Starring Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning and Sharlto Copley.
* "MAYBE THIS TIME" NR (Phillippines), 2:32. Comedy, drama, romance. Kaahumanu 6
The story of sweethearts Steph and Tonio, whose relationship ends sourly when he leaves her without saying goodbye. Heartbroken, Steph toughens up and sets sights on bigger dreams, until she and Tonio cross paths again.
* "MILLION DOLLAR ARM" PG, 2:04. Biography, drama, sport. Ends today at Kaahumanu 6
A sports agent stages an unconventional recruitment strategy to get talented Indian cricket players to play Major League Baseball. Stars Jon Hamm, Aasif Mandvi and Alan Arkin.
* "NEIGHBORS" R, 1:36. Comedy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
A couple with a newborn baby face unexpected difficulties after they are forced to live next to a fraternity house. Starring Seth Rogen, Rose Byrne ad Zac Efron.
* "THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2" PG-13, 2:22. Action, adventure, fantasy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Peter Parker enjoys Spider-Man benefits, i.e., spending time with Gwen. But his ordinary and extraordinary lives are in grave danger when he's faced with new threats, Electro, and the mysterious company OsCorp. Starring Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Jamie Foxx.
* "THE FAULT IN OUR STARS" PG-13, 2:05. Drama, romance. Kaahumanu 6.
Hazel and Gus are two teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional and a love that sweeps them on a journey. Their relationship is all the more miraculous given that Hazel's other constant companion is an oxygen tank, Gus jokes about his prosthetic leg, and they met and fell in love at a cancer support group. Stars Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort and Nat Wolff.
* "THE OTHER WOMAN" PG-13, 1:49. Comedy, romance. Maui Mall Megaplex.
After discovering her boyfriend is married, Carly soon meets the wife he's been cheating on. And when yet another affair is discovered, all three women team up to plot mutual revenge on the three-timing SOB. Stars Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann and Kate Upton.
* "X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST" PG-13, 2:11. Adventure, fantasy. Maui Mall Megaplex and Lahaina Wharf Cinema.
The X-Men send Wolverine to the past in a desperate effort to change history and prevent an event that results in doom for both humans and mutants. Starring Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen and Hugh Jackman.
* Movie listings reflect showings that are made available by theaters at press time. Films are subject to change and may be released after publication. For up-to-date movies and showtimes, visit www.fandango.com.