To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Improvisation Drop-in classes will be from 6 to 8:45 p.m. Sundays at the Pro Arts Playhouse in Kihei, 1280 S. Kihei Road and Wednesdays in Pukalani at 95 Makawao Ave., Suite 102. No registration required. Workshops are open-ended and for the experienced as well as first-time players. Drop-ins are capped at 16 improvisers. Cost is $15. For information, call John Lehman at 463-6550.
* Hui Noe'au Visual Arts Center is offering the following classes at 2841 Baldwin Ave. Pre-registration is required. To register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Jewelry in a Day: Bangles, Hoops, and Stacking Rings" with Roberta Ann Weisenburg will be from 1 to 5 p.m. today. Cost is $45 ($56 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $20. An additional supply list is posted online at huinoeau.com under the class description.
** "Camp Kaluanui: Summer 2014 (Ages 5+) Stone Soup: Art Inspired Stories & Story Inspired Art" will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Cost is five-day tuition: $215 ($269 nonmember) plus supply fee: $35; single-day tuition: $70 ($88 nonmember) plus supply fee: $7.
** "Jewelry with Shells" with Julie Matheis will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays through July 14. Cost is $135 ($169 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $30. An additional supply list is posted online at huinoeau.com under the class description.
** "Beginning Jewelry" with Julie Matheis will be from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays through July 30. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $45. An additional supply list is posted online at huinoeau.com under the class description.
** "Plaster Mold Workshop" with Bob Hoenig will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and June 29. Cost is $115 ($144 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $25. An additional supply list is posted online at huinoeau.com under the class description.
** "Visual Languages: Explorations in Mixed Media" with Jonathan Yukio Clark will be from 1 to 5 p.m. Sundays (June 29 through July 20). Cost is $175 ($219 nonmember) plus supply fee: $50. An additional supply list is posted online at huinoeau.com under the class description.
** "Camp Kaluanui: Summer 2014 (Ages 5+) Architect: The Art of Building & 3D Design" will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 30 to July 3. Space is limited. Cost is five-day tuition: $215 ($269 nonmember) plus supply fee: $35; single-day tuition: $70 ($88 nonmember) plus supply fee: $7.
* Dog Obedience classes. Valley Isle Kennel Club will host a six-week basic obedience class 6:30 p.m. Mondays through July 28 in Pukalani at the soccer field. Dogs will learn how to walk nicely on lead, heel, sit, come, stay sit stay, down stay and much more. Cost is $60. For more information, call 572-0257.
* Business workshops. The following County of Maui Mayor's Office of Economic Development workshops will be held at Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall, Suite B-9. Seating is limited, and subject to change or cancellation. To reserve a seat, call 873-8247. Workshops are free unless otherwise noted.
** "Cash Flow and Financing for a Start Up Company" with Gretchen G. Voxland, CFBS, CLU, ChFC will be from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday. The workshop will take a look at a real start up construction company in their early years and how they have handled cash flow and financing issues.
** "Market Research on a Budget" with Christine Pawliuk, MBA, MLISc will be from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday. This workshop will teach you about the research tools and free services available to Maui's small businesses.
* Health Program. "Better Choices, Better Health - Diabetes," a six-week program, will be from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays through July 30 at Wailuku Medical Office, 80 Mahalani St., Wailuku. Learn to live well by managing your diabetes and its related symptoms. The program is designed to complement and enhance an individual's medical professional's recommended treatment plan, and not to replace it. Cost is $10 ages 60 and older, $35 under age 60 (scholarships available). To register, call Jo Reyes at 270-7233.
* Gardening class. "Garden Bugs and Their Control " with Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network, LLC will be from 10 a.m. to noon. Wednesday at Lumeria Maui, Makawao. Learn all about common garden pests, how to identify them, their damage symptoms and the easy and sustainable control strategies available to you. Cost is $15. To register, contact Anne Gachuhi at 446-2361 or email@example.com.
* Art workshops with art instructor Chelsea Vaas will be from noon to 2 p.m. Saturdays through July at the Bailey House Museum. Each workshop will have a different theme and lesson and you may sign up for one or all four on a space-available basis. Parents and guardians are welcomed to stay and chaperon or observe the art workshop. Cost is $15 (MHS members $10) per child per workshop and all supplies are included. Space is limited to 20 children per workshop. To register or for more information, contact 244-3326 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Improv Workshop with Kimee Balmilero, founder of Hawaii Improv - Oahu, will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday at Pro Arts Playhouse in Kihei, 1280 S. Kihei Road. Space is limited. Cost is $50. To register, call John Lehman at 463-6550.