The Rotary Club of Kahului's 2014 Michael H. Lyons II Palaka Nomination Committee has choosen six finalists for the 2014 Michael H. Lyons II Palaka Award. The finalists are:
* Sandra Florence for her volunteer service with Maui Memorial Medical Center Foundation.
* Mark Harbison for his volunteer service with The Maui Food Bank.
* Dorothy "Honey Bun" Haynes for her volunteer service with Maui Arts & Cultural Center.
* Helen McCord for her volunteer service with Maui Youth & Family Services.
* Glenda Joyo for her volunteer service with Best Buddies.
* William Kinaka for his volunteer service with Maui Adult Day Care Center.
The Michael H. Lyons II Palaka Award recognizes outstanding long-term, substantial volunteer service to Maui County nonprofit organizations. Created in honor of Lyon's tireless community support, the award is named for the signature palaka shirts he wore.
The Rotary Club of Kahalui will honor the six finalists and announce the winner at a luncheon Aug. 1 at The King Kamehameha Golf Club. Tickets may be purchased at www.kahuluirotary.com for $50 per person, or $475 for a table of 10.
This luncheon is also the primary fundraiser for the Michael H. Lyons II Memorial Scholarship Fund, providing financial assistance to college-bound Maui youth. Part of the luncheon fundraiser is the Rotary Club of Kahului Golf Ball Drop. Visit www.kahuluirotary.com to see all 10 prize packages and to purchase golf balls.
For more information, call club President Paul Janes-Brown at 572-8000.