Birthplace: New Haven, Conn.
Occupation: Chief executive officer, Beyoungerforever, anti-aging, health and wellness, using indivisiotherapy; chief executive officer, Relief Pharmacists
Community Service: Counseling homeowners in foreclosure since 2008
Hospital privatization: "Maui Memorial needs to be a privately run hospital. They just closed the children's section for mental health."
Candidates for state Senate and House seats were all asked to answer:
* Hospital privatization. What is your position on the privatization of Maui Memorial Medical Center and the Hawaii Health System Corp.?
And, they were asked to choose and answer one of the following:
* Health Connector. What do you think of the state's rollout of the Health Connector? And what do you think should be done to "fix" it? Or should it be scuttled entirely?
* Political contributions. To what extent do you see political campaign contributions affecting Hawaii elections? Is there need for reform? If so, what would that be?
* Same-sex marriage. What do you think of the Hawaii Legislature's passage of a bill to legalize same-sex marriages? Is this the end of this issue?
* Electricity costs. Hawaii electricity consumers pay the highest power rates in the United States. What, if anything, can be done about this?
* Sunshine Law. Do you think Hawaii's Sunshine Law adequately protects the public's right to know? If not, what change is needed?
* State unfunded liabilities. Do you think enough is being done to address unfunded liabilities?
Political contributions: "Big contributions and corporate influence should be severely limited in political races. My race is completely self-funded."