A Close-up look at Maui County's High School Athletes presented by Alexander & Baldwin, Inc.
• King Kekaulike High School / Grade 12
• GPA: 3.8 (AP psychology)
• SPORTS: Paddling, bowling, swimming
• FAMILY: Patty Ann Veincent of Pukalani
• ACTIVITIES: Lae Ula O Kai Canoe Club
• FUTURE PLANS: Joining the Air Force
• SPORTS LESSONS: “What I enjoy most about being an athlete is meeting new people, forming a bond that can never be broken, and representing my school, family and the island of Maui through the thing I love. … Being an athlete has taught me to work hard, have determination in what you want, always be humble and, of course, never give up.”
* Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school’s athletic fund.