A Close-up look at Maui County's High School Athletes presented by Alexander & Baldwin, Inc.
• Lahainaluna High School / Grade 12
• GPA: 3.3
• SPORT: Volleyball
• FAMILY: Leimomi and Derek Murray of Lahaina
• ACTIVITIES: Boy Scouts of America, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, hula, going to the beach
• FUTURE PLANS: Studying art at Brigham Young University
• SPORTS LESSONS: “Being an athlete has taught me ‘What you put in is what you’re going to get out!’ Meaning, hard work that you put in will pay off in the end. It has also taught me to respect those that teach you new things.”
* Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school’s athletic fund.