A Close-up look at Maui County's High School Athletes presented by Alexander & Baldwin, Inc.
• Lahainaluna High School / Grade 12
• GPA: 3.5
• SPORTS: Wrestling
• FAMILY: Bonnie and Vilma Navarro of Lahaina
• ACTIVITIES: AOHT Club, weightlifting, running, Lahaina Roughnecks coach
• FUTURE PLANS: Attending college
• SPORTS LESSONS: “What I enjoy about being an athlete is competing and meeting new people. … Being an athlete has taught me that things don’t come easy and you have to work hard to reach your goals. It also taught me to stay humble and be disciplined.”
* Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school’s athletic fund.