A Close-up look at Maui County's High School Athletes presented by Alexander & Baldwin, Inc.
• Lahainaluna High School / Grade 11
• GPA: 3.8 (AP biology)
• SPORTS: Wrestling
• FAMILY: Leilani Clarion and Samuel Saribay Jr. of Lahaina
• ACTIVITIES: HOSA, coaching Lahaina Roughnecks wrestling, having fun with friends
• FUTURE PLANS: Studying nursing at Washington State University
• SPORTS LESSONS: “Being an athlete, particularly a wrestler, has taught me how to be dedicated, the importance of teamwork and the benefits of hard work. Also, the determination to reach your goals and putting your mind to what you want.”
* Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school’s athletic fund.