• Kihei Charter School / Grade 12
• GPA: 4.04 (22 college credits)
• SPORTS: Track and field, cross country, football
• FAMILY: Molly and Todd Lawson of Kihei
• ACTIVITIES: Teaching, playing drums, hiking
• FUTURE PLANS: Studying political science or liberal arts at Colorado State University
• SPORTS LESSONS: “I love that I am able to inspire students to come and work out, whether it’s tough or technical, I’ll put on a smile to show that all of the work can be done. I enjoy every year meeting all the new athletes and including them in both our team and personal lives.”
* Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school’s athletic fund.