A Close-up look at Maui County's High School Athletes presented by Alexander & Baldwin, Inc.
• Seabury Hall / Grade 12
• GPA: 4.14 (AP calculus AB, Spanish, computer science principles)
• SPORTS: Paddling, surfing, air riflery, cross country
• FAMILY: Ian Ponting and Bonny Wilson of Haiku
• ACTIVITIES: Rotary Club, Equality Club
• FUTURE PLANS: Studying engineering at Cal Poly or Western Washington University
• SPORTS LESSONS: “Being an athlete has taught me team spirit, the importance of a good team dynamic and how the amount of work I put in translates directly to how well I paddle or compete.”
* Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school’s athletic fund.