A Close-up look at Maui County's High School Athletes presented by Alexander & Baldwin, Inc.
• King Kekaulike High School / Grade 12
• GPA: 3.7 (AP calculus, environmental science, psychology)
• SPORTS: Surfing, cross country
• FAMILY: Alison and Randy Fahland of Haiku and Kihei
• ACTIVITIES: Bodyboarding, cliff jumping
• FUTURE PLANS: Attending college
• SPORTS LESSONS: “What I enjoy most about being an athlete is meeting new people through the sport. Being an athlete has taught me to always stay healthy and there are no limits.”
* Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school’s athletic fund.