Ahead of the Class
To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Saturday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
• AARP Veteran Caregiver workshop, Nov. 2; will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2 at Kaunoa Senior Center, 401 Alapaka Place in Paia. The free event will include a morning general session and afternoon breakout sessions. There will also be a dozen resource tables to visit before the event and during lunch break. Morning breakfast items and lunch will be included for pre-registering with Kaunao at 270-7308.
• Akaku Maui Community Media, Nov. 4; “AARP Offers Smart Phone Class for Seniors” will be from 10 a.m. to noon for iPhone and 1 to 3 p.m. for Android phones on Monday. Please bring your smartphone with you to the workshop. Cost is $5 and space is limited. To register, go to aarp.cvent.com/phone11-4 or call toll free 1-877-926-9300.
** “Free Public Access TV” class will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Monday. You’ll learn how public access TV came to be, what services Akaku has to offer, and the role it plays in our community. You will also receive a class handbook detailing Akaku’s policies and a tour of the Akaku Studios. For information, log on to akaku.org/classes/ or call 871-5554.Classes are held at 333 Dairy Rd., Suite 205, Kahului.
• After School Art program, Nov. 5; with Rimma Murta will be on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Kamalii Elementary School, Rm. D1 and on Thursdays at Kihei Elementary School, Rm. F 104. Children grades 1-5. For information, contact email@example.com or 281-4691.
• After school art classes, Nov. 6; with Barbara Steinberg will be from 3-5 p.m., Wednesdays though November 13, 2019 at Maui Bridge Club, Kenolio Recreation Center, 131 South Kihei Road, Kihei. Ages 5-15. Cost is $10 weekly or $155. Call 269-6845, ask for art supply list.
• Thrive & Survive Fall Series workshop, Nov. 6; will be from 9:30 a.m. to noon, Wednesdays through November 6th at the Cameron Center, 95 Mahalani St., Ste. 8, Wailuku. The subjects covered include: Techniques to deal with issues such as frustration, fatigue, pain, isolation, poor sleep and living with uncertainty. Appropriate exercise for regaining and maintaining flexibility, and endurance. Making decisions about treatment and complementary therapies. Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals. Nutrition, setting priorities, and relationships. Friends, family & caregivers are welcome to join. Hosted in partnership with: Maui County Office on Aging, ADRC Hawaii and the Pacific Cancer Foundation. Visit www.pacificcancerfoundation.org.