Ahead of the Class
To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Saturday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
• Business workshops: The following County of Maui Mayor’s Office of Economic Development workshops will be held at Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall, Suite B-9. To reserve a seat, call 270-5770. Workshops are free unless otherwise noted.
**“Finding your Financial Happy Place in Business” with Richard “Buddy” Nichols will be from noon to 1 p.m. Monday. All businesses, including agricultural businesses, produce a product. In order to find that elusive “happy place” we must be price-makers, instead of price-takers. Simple financial calculations can be utilized to achieve this goal. This workshop is designed to help people reach that goal.
**“Outsourcing HR: Your Options as an Employer” with Stephen Thomas will be from noon to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday. Feel like you have to do it all? You’re not alone. In the quickly changing world of Employment, you have a lot of options. How do you make sense of all the noise and understand your own business needs and what type of employment relationship is best for you? Forty-three percent of small business owners say they’re burdened by having to cover too many different roles. This workshop will provide you with a multitude of options as an Employer.
**“Simple Steps for Exiting Your Business” with Lis Arcienega will be from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday. This presentation will walk small business owners through some of the concerns they may have in planning for the continuation or disposition of their business. We will look at some of the things that might be considered to alleviate their succession planning concerns as such: types of assets and property, forms of businesses, valuing your business, buy-sell agreements, and wills, trusts and gifts.
**“Online Quickbooks for Small Business” with Richard Kehoe, CPA will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday. Learn to set up your company’s Online QuickBooks in a small class setting with personalized tutoring. This class is for new users and will teach you how to record sales, receive payments, prepare invoices and balance your checkbook. Get customized answers and schedule a follow-up appointment at no cost to discuss YOUR solutions. Sponsored by SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives). Cost is $45.
• Free interactive presentation, Monday; by Know Thyself as Soul Foundation, Hawaii will be from 7 p.m. Monday at Unity Church of Maui, 483 S. High St. Wailuku. Learn how to access the power of soul with meditation. Discover universal principles and a practice to transform your life. Contact Osman Eladnani, 2813879 or email@example.com.
• Inner Peace Movement, Tuesday; presents a talk on guardian angels and intuition will be from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday at Heritage Hall, 401 Baldwin Ave., Suite 102, Paia. Cost is $21. For information, call 281-6609; visit InnerPeaceMovement.ca.
• Dementia prevention dietary class, Tuesday; with Catherine Blake will be from 7 p.m. Tuesday at Unity on Maui, 483 S High Street, Wailuku. Topics include: how to keep your memory sharp; neuroprotective, delicious recipes; the role of saturated fats in memory; what AGEs are and how to avoid them; how to order healthier food at restaurants. Donation of $10 suggested. Call 280-6865.
• Akaku Maui Community Media, Wednesday; “Introduction to TV Studio” class with Danny Collins & Steve Barber will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at 333 Dairy Rd., Suite 205, Kahului. Students will tour the studio, find out about Akaku’s modular training program, and learn about the various tasks involved in recording a program for broadcast. Cost is free. For information, call 871-5554; visit akaku.org/classes.