Ahead of the Class
To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Saturday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
• Hui No’eau is offering children and adult classes and workshops today. For information visit visit huinoeau.com.
** “Illustrate Your Own Holiday Art Cards” adult class with Julia Cost will be from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday and Sunday. Students will learn to draw four festive and wintery holiday images through guided step-by-step instructions, training their eyes to understand the basic elements of shape and translate that information onto paper.
** “Teens Jewelry & Metalsmithing Studio” (Ages 11 and older) — Session 4 with Julie Matheis will be from 3 to 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Dec. 18. Teens are invited to discover the jewelry studio, learn the basics, and then create their own incredible designs!
• Akaku Maui Community Media, “Public Access TV” class with Danny Collins will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Monday at at 333 Dairy Road, Suite 205, Kahului. Learn how public access TV came to be, what services Akaku has to offer, and the role it plays in our community. No cost. For information, call 871-5554; visit akaku.org/classes/.
• After-School Art program with Rimma Murta, Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Kamalii Elementary School, Room. D1 and on Thursdays at Kihei Elementary School, Room F 104. Children grades 1-5. For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-4691.
• Marketing through Storytelling Master class, with Nichole Fisher will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday at Maui Research & Technology Center, Room. 219 at 590 Lipoa Parkway, Kihei. Storytelling is an effective way to communicate and connect with your audience. Class will focus on how to tell that story and how to proceed with it. Cost is $150. Register at: www.successalday.com/storytelling.
• “Eat Right for Parkinson’s Disease” class, Tuesday; with Catherine Blake will be from 10 a.m. Tuesday at Hale Mahaolu Elima Conference room, 11 Mahaolu Pl., Kahului. Learn how to choose foods that are neuroprotective of your dopamine production and how to prepare foods that can reduce tremors. Free with refreshments. Call 280-6865.
• After-school art classes with Barbara Steinberg will be from 3-5 p.m., Wednesdays at Maui Bridge Club, Kenolio Recreation Center, 131 South Kihei Road, Kihei. Ages 5-15. Cost is $10 weekly. Call 269-6845 for art supply list.