Ahead of the Class
To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Saturday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
• Akaku Maui Community Media is offering classes to be held at 333 Dairy Rd., Ste. 205, Kahului. For information, visit akaku.org/classes/ or call 871-5554.
** “Introduction to Akaku and Public Access Media” with Danny Collins will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Monday. Cost is free. This class is a prerequisite for all other TV production classes at Akaku, but may be taken concurrently.
** “Introduction to Radio and KAKU 88.5 FM” with Renee DeAhl will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday. Cost is free.
• Hui No’eau is offering children and adult classes and workshops. For information visit huinoeau.com.
** Painting Flowers Simply & Beautifully in Watercolor with Robert Regis Dvorak will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday. This hands-on workshop will provide a sequence of easy exercises designed to give you skill and success with painting flowers that glow.
• Aquari-OM classes will be from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays through Jan. 28th at Maui Ocean Center’s Open Ocean exhibit. Yoga among sharks, rays, and hundreds of fish. Space is limited, reservations are required. Ages 5+. Visit mauioceancenter.com/product/aquari-om/.
• Business workshop with Patrick Snow titled “Becoming a Best-Selling Author: Leveraging the World’s Greatest Marketing Secret by Writing, Publishing and Promoting Your Book to Better Market Your Business” will be from noon to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday at Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall, Suite B-9, 70 E. Kaahumanu Ave., Kahului. Learn how to make your publishing and business goals come true. If you want to stand out from your competition, strengthen your credentials, and get free publicity, then writing and publishing a book is your best marketing strategy.
• Dental Assisting training program is offered through UH Maui College’s Office of Extended Learning & Workforce Development. The 80-hour, noncredit course will be Fridays and Saturdays at 1 to 4:30 p.m. from February 7th to May 9th, and will be preceded by a required orientation in the evenings during the last week of January. As a final requirement for earning a Certificate of Professional Development in Dental Assisting, students will apply their new knowledge and skills during a 100-hour internship or work experience. Individuals who wish to apply must schedule an in-person appointment at UH Maui College with College & Career Specialist Leilani Kepler, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 984-3725. Full tuition sponsorships are available, with preference given to individuals of Hawaiian ancestry to the extent permitted by law. Applicants must be ages 18 and older.