Names & Faces
• Realtor Robert “Robbie” Dein has been honored as the top-producing agent for Maui island in 2017.
He was recognized during the 12th annual Top 100 Realtors Award Gala sponsored by Hawaii Business Magazine and Bank of Hawaii. The event was held at the Royal Hawaiian Resort in Waikiki.
Every year, the magazine publishes its list of the top 100 Realtors in Hawaii based on annual sales volume and total number of transactions. Dein also was acknowledged as the only Maui Realtor to be recognized among the top 100 agents statewide for 12 consecutive years. He’s also a member of the Top Hawaii Realtors Hall of Fame.
Dein and business partner Kenneth “Ken” Hayo founded Maui Real Estate Advisors LLC in 2012. It is a boutique real estate brokerage at the Wailea Town Center. Its agents work islandwide.
• Wailuku attorney Cynthia Wong has been recognized as a 10 best personal injury attorney for client satisfaction, according to the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
The institute is a third-party attorney-rating organization that publishes an annual list of the top 10 personal injury attorneys in each state. Attorneys who are selected to be on the “10 Best” list must pass the institute’s rigorous selection process, which is based on client and/or peer nominations, thorough research and the institute’s independent evaluation.
The annual list was created as a resource for clients during the attorney-selection process.
• The Bank of Hawaii has named Michelle Pellettieri as the top residential loan producer on Maui for May, according to an announcement.
She produced $3 million or more in residential loans on the island for the month. She works at the Maui Loan Center.
• American Savings Bank has hired Jason Williams as vice president/financial consultant to American Insurance and Investments.
He serves clients on Maui, providing insurance and investment advice.
Williams has worked as a financial consultant for nearly 20 years and has an accredited investment fiduciary designation.
He holds Series 7, 31, 63 and 65 securities registrations and life, accident, health or sickness, variable life and variable annuities licenses.
He serves on the board of directors of Aloha House, Maui Youth and Family Services, Malama Family Services and Maui United Way. He volunteers with the Kiwanis Club of Kahului and Ka Lima O Maui.
• The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua has appointed Will Peniche as director of group sales.
He was promoted internally from his previous position as director of banquets.
“Peniche has a proven track record of instrumental, sales-focused successes and leadership capabilities,” according to an announcement.
Peniche has been with the Ritz-Carlton brand since 2013. He leads the resort’s reactive and proactive group sales efforts.
Originally from San Antonio, Texas, he resides in Lahaina with his wife and newborn child.
• Miyamoto Dental Design Suite has welcomed Dr. Courtney Miyamoto to join her father, Dr. Michael Miyamoto, in the Wailuku dental practice.
For 30 years, Michael Miyamoto, known as Dr. Mike, worked alongside his late father, Dr. Alan Miyamoto.
Courtney Miyamoto graduated from the University of Maryland School of Dentistry on May 18. She was the sole recipient of the Nathan David Gold Memorial Award from her graduating class.
New patients are welcome to the dental practice. New patients and emergency appointments are offered on the same or next day.
For more information, visit mymauidentist.com or call 242-7007.
• Fork & Salad, the Maui-based fast casual eatery specializing in healthy options with local Hawaiian flavors, has promoted longtime employee Lauren Mann to be director of operations and director of franchisee management, according to an announcement.
In the newly created position, she will oversee daily operations of all Fork & Salad locations, both existing and upcoming, and provide new franchisees with the tools they need to develop, open and operate their Fork & Salad franchised stores.
“I’ve spent the last few years learning and developing my management style” from the restaurant founders, she said. “And to now be working with them in a new capacity and for such a fast-growing brand like Fork & Salad is an exciting endeavor.”
Mann has spent the last four years working with Fork & Salad owners Jaron Blosser, Travis Morrin and Cody Christopher at their full-service restaurant, Three’s Bar and Grill, in Kihei. She was first hired as restaurant manager and worked her way up to corporate management.
• Rie Takahashi has been named as leisure sales manager for the 450-unit, all-suite-and-villa Fairmont Kea Lani, according to an announcement from Shannah Milstead, director of sales and marketing.
Takahashi will manage the transient business sales of the resort and work alongside regional managers of leisure sales in providing account management and development for key wholesale and leisure accounts. She has more than 14 years of hospitality experience, most recently managing group sales for Marriott International, Maui Sales Complex. Before that, she held positions in leisure sales at Marriott International and the Makena Beach & Golf Resort.
* Names & Faces is published on the first Monday of the month and welcomes news releases and announcements regarding new hires and employee promotions and awards at businesses in Maui County. Photos of the employee will be accepted as well. To submit material or for more information, contact citydesk @mauinews.com or (808) 242-6343.