Names & Faces
• The Real Estate Business Institute has conferred the designation of “seller representative specialist” to Kristine Schneider of Coldwell Banker Island Properties.
Being a seller representative specialist is a premier seller agency designation and an official credential of the National Association of Realtors, according to an announcement. Earning the distinction means that a Realtor must successfully complete coursework in seller representation, demonstrate significant experience and expertise and subscribe to the association’s code of ethics.
The credential is designed to elevate professional standards and enhance personal performance.
• Queen Ka’ahumanu Center has announced three promotions.
Toni Rojas has been promoted from marketing director to vice president of business and community development. Kauwela Bisquera has advanced from marketing coordinator to specialty leasing coordinator, and Amanda Martin has moved from a part-time guest services position to full-time marketing coordinator.
Rojas has been with the center since 2016, establishing more than 300 community events and programs, including fundraising events such as the Kokua 4 Kokonuts walk for breast cancer. Last year, she won an International Council of Shopping Centers Gold Maxi Award for her “Let It Snow!” holiday program.
She has been a Special Olympics Maui volunteer, winning Volunteer of the Year honors in 2017.
Bisquera served as the AmeriCorps program coordinator for Maui Economic Opportunity Inc. and as the regional director of the American Heart Association on Maui. She has worked in the real estate industry.
Martin has 20 years of administrative, event planning and fundraising experience. She has served in leadership positions with the Maui Native Hawaiian Chamber of Commerce, Kiwanis Club of the Valley Isle and the Maui County Democratic Party.
• Central Pacific Bank announced that Cindi Pojas Smith has been named as its top producer for its home loans division in August.
Smith is vice president, mortgage loan manager, for the bank’s Kahului branch at 33 Lono Ave.
Statewide, the bank has 35 branches and 78 ATMs.
• Hyland Dental Care has welcomed Dr. Hannah Lewis to its staff, according to an announcement.
Lewis is a native of Southern California. She received her undergraduate Bachelor of Science degree from U.C. Santa Barbara. Then, she graduated from the University of Southern California Dental School. Before moving to Maui, she practiced dentistry for 15 years.
She joins Drs. Bobee Hyland and Daniel Mayeda.
The dental office is at 74 Lono Ave., Suite 210, in Kahului. The staff can be reached at 877-7661 or at www.HylandDental.com.
* Names & Faces is published on the first Monday of the month and welcomes news releases and announcements regarding new hires and employee promotions and awards at businesses in Maui County. Photos of the employee will be accepted as well. To submit material or for more information, contact email@example.com or (808) 242-6343.