Workshops at multiple sites set for caregivers
Maui Adult Day Care Centers and Maui County Office on Aging are holding free caregiver workshops, “Understanding the Older Adult,” presented by Kathleen Couch, caregiver/program coordinator for Maui Adult Day Care Centers.
The presentation will help caregivers gain a better understanding of changes that happen with aging and living longer, emotions kupuna experience as caregivers take over their care, factors that contribute to negative/positive behavior, providing care with compassion and caregiving without regrets.
Workshops will be provided at the following times, dates and locations:
• 9:30-11:30 a.m., Wednesday, Lanai Senior Center, Lanai City.
• 9:30-11:30 a.m., Thursday, Lahaina Hongwanji Mission, 551 Wainee St., Lahaina.
• 9:30-11:30 a.m., Saturday, Hale Mahaolu Elima Community Hall, 11 Mahaolu St., Kahului.
• 1:30-3:30 p.m., Aug. 29, S. Maui Adult Day Care Center, 16 Ehiku St., Kihei.
• 10-11:30 a.m., Aug. 31, Hale Hulu Mamo, Hana.
• 9-11 a.m., Sept. 12, Hale Mahaolu Home Pumehana, Kaunakakai.
The workshops are open to the public. No reservations are needed. Refreshments will be provided and certificates of attendance will be available.
Free care can be provided for an elderly loved one on Maui island only by calling in advance to arrange. For more information, call Couch at 871-5804.