Ka Lima O Maui presents awards
Ka Lima O Maui had its annual meeting and Thanksgiving award luncheon on Nov. 22. The celebration marked 64 years that Ka Lima has served the Maui community. Highlights included guest speakers Mayor Michael Victorino and cultural practitioner Kimokeo Kapahulehua, both longtime supporters of Ka Lima O Maui. Awards were given to the following businesses and individuals:
• Ambassador of the Year — Esther Yap.
• Custodial Contract of the Year — Des Tobin Sheet Metal.
• Grounds Contract of the Year — J. Walter Cameron Center.
• Grounds Employee of the Year — Benny Yoro.
• Custodial employee of the Year — Kasey Palau.
• Waiver Participant of the Year — Fae Torres and Lynelle Mateaki.
• Job Placement of the Year — Rio Panuelo.
• Employer of the Year — Whole Foods Market.
• Staff of the Year — Sarah Garbutt.
Executive Director Chantal Ratte highlighted the dedication of the workers of Ka Lima O Maui who serve Central, South, West and Upcountry Maui. The organization has contracts with the public and private sector, 17 working crews, contact services at over 85 locations, and 65 workers.
More than 150 people enjoyed the Thanksgiving lunch as part of Ka Lima O Maui celebration.
For more information about Ka Lima O Maui, call 244-5502 or visit www.kalimaomaui.org.