Ahead of the Class
To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Saturday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
• Genealogy Resources Speaker Series, Zoom presentation on “How to Begin Finding Your Family Roots” with Kylie Flood will be from 10 a.m. today. Hosted by The Hawaii State Public Library System. Registration is required. For information or to register, visit librarieshawaii.org.
• Maui County Virtual Job Fair Employer Training, with Nico Fisher will be from noon to 1:15 p.m. Friday. To register, visit https://conta.cc/2Z6iT9C or for information, call 270-5777.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Maui, March 8; is open for full-day camp including distance learning support, reservations required. Virtual clubhouse open weekdays, 2 to 6 p.m. For information, go to www.bgcmaui.org/reserve.
• T’ai Chi Ch’uan course, with instructors Sifu John Rivera and Sifu Jan Osterneck will be from 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays. Beginner T’ai Chi Ch’uan is excellent for improving concentration, strengthening the mind / body connection, and enhancing health and well-being. Contact John at 264-1600, Jan at 280-6437 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.taichimaui.com. Class tuition is $150 for the 10 classes and will be held at Lower Kula Road.
• Maui Okinawa Kenjin Kai (MOKK), offering (2) $1000 scholarships to graduating high school seniors of Maui, who are of Okinawan ancestry or members of the Maui Okinawa Kenjin Kai. Applications available at all Maui high school counselors’ office or Maui Okinawa Kenjin Kai office in Wailuku. Submission deadline is Wednesday, March 24, 2021.
• Lahainaluna scholarships applications, now available to Lahainaluna High School seniors and alumni for the 2021-22 school year. Completed applications must be emailed to Lahaina Restoration Foundation by 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 31st. For information, contact LRF office at 661-3262 or email email@example.com.