Budget district meetings announced
The Maui County Council’s Budget and Finance Committee has released its schedule for district meetings to gather public input on the proposed fiscal 2018-19 budget by the administration of Mayor Alan Arakawa.
The meetings, except for one on Molokai, begin at 6 p.m. The Molokai meeting starts at 6:30 p.m.
The schedule of meetings follows:
• March 29, Kihei Community Center.
• April 2, West Maui Senior Center, Lahaina.
• April 4, Mayor Hannibal Tavares Community Center, Pukalani.
• April 9, Lanai Senior Center, Lanai City.
• April 11, Paia Community Center.
• April 12, Helene Hall, Hana.
• April 16, Mitchell Pauole Community Center, Kaunakakai.
There will be site inspections at 1 p.m. April 9 on Lanai and 1 p.m. April 16 on Molokai, according to an announcement.
The full council will hold a public hearing on the budget at 6 p.m. April 18 in the eighth-floor Council Chambers of the Kalana O Maui Building in Wailuku.
Budget committee members will review the administration’s spending plan beginning next week in the Council Chambers.
Written and oral testimony will be taken at all meetings. Written comments may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should reference committee item No BF-1.
For more information, including budget documents, agendas and announcements, visit MauiCounty.us/2019budget. For special accommodations at meetings, call 270-7838 at least three days in advance.