Water shutdown set for central Kihei
Central Kihei residents can expect intermittent water service from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday while contractors work on a waterline tie-in, the Department of Water Supply announced.
Affected areas include:
• Kanani Road from South Kihei Road to Haukai Place, including Halona Street and Wai-Maka Place.
• South Kihei Road between Auhana Road and Maui Coast Hotel, including Iliili Road and Kaiau Place.
• Kanoe Street from Auhana Road to Kanani Road.
• Auhana Road from 123 Auhana Road to Kanani Road.
• Keala Place and Alahele Place, including Alaloa Road, Anapa Place, Kaahele Place, Peke Place and Hoolalei Way.
Water customers are advised to store water and adjust usage plans as appropriate. After water service returns, they should flush their waterlines to ensure no sediment has accumulated.
For more information, contact Irene Hilgenberg at Armstrong Builders at 282-2937. To report a water problem, call 270-7633.