Health insurance open enrollment events starting
Imua Family Services and the Kokua Outreach Program will be holding open enrollment events designed to assist with health insurance enrollment for those who are uninsured or under insured.
The program has an emphasis on people from the Micronesian Islands but is open to all residents of Maui County, Imua Family Services said in an announcement Friday.
Open enrollment runs through Dec. 15 for coverage beginning in January. The program kicked off with an event on Lanai on Friday and will continue in the following locations:
• Kahului: Imua Family Services, 161 S. Wakea Avenue, 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 13, 20, 27 and Dec. 4, 11
• Kihei: St. Theresa Catholic Church, 25 W. Lipoa Street, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 12, 19, 26 and Dec. 3, 10
• Lahaina: Imua Family Services, 930 Wainee Street, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 16, 30 and Dec. 7, 14
• Makawao: Makawao Public Library, 1159 Makawao Avenue, 3:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 25 and Dec. 2, 19
• Paia: Paia Elementary School, 955 Baldwin Avenue, 3 to 7 p.m. Nov. 21 and Dec. 12
• Molokai: Imua Family Services, 30 Oki Place, Kaunakakai, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Nov. 22
Walk-in appointments are also available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Malama I Ke Ola Health Center at 1881 Nani Street in Wailuku. Applicants who wish to enroll should bring the following information:
• Birthdays, social security numbers and income verification (pay stubs)
• Immigration status and documentation (if applicable)
• Policy numbers for current health plans
• Login info for healthcare.gov (if applicable)
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact Malama I Ke Ola at 872-4026 or Imua Family Services at 244-7467.
The Kokua Outreach Program is sponsored by the Big Island Kokua Services Partnership and supported by Malama I Ke Ola and Imua Family Services in Maui County.