COVID-19 at a glance
• DOH reports six new cases in Hawaii, including one on Maui.
• 95 confirmed or presumptive positive cases in Hawaii: 68 on Oahu, 13 on Maui, five on Hawaii island, five on Kauai and four with locations pending.
• Mayor proposes $869.8 million budget that would cut homeowner taxes and set aside $10 million to fight the coronavirus.
• DHHL director announces deferral of mortgage payments for six months.
• University of Hawaii extends application deadline for Manoa, Hilo and West Oahu campuses.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention travel recommendations:
• Avoid all nonessential travel to China, Iran, most European countries along with the United Kingdom and Ireland. Entry of foreign nationals from these locations has been suspended.
• Avoid all nonessential travel to Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Ecuador India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Thailand, Turkey.
• Older adults and people of any age with serious chronic medical conditions should consider postponing nonessential travel.
• All travelers should monitor their health and practice social distancing for 14 days after returning home.
• Defer cruise travel worldwide.
• Getting a flu shot.
• Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after nose-blowing, coughing or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
• Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid contact with people who are sick; stay home if sick.
For more information:
• Call 211 or text (877) 275-6569 for general questions about coronavirus.
• Hawaii Health Department: hawaiicovid19.com.
• CDC: Coronavirus.gov.