COVID-19 at a glance
• DOH reports 11 new cases in Hawaii, including one on Maui.
• 106 confirmed or presumptive positive cases in Hawaii: 77 on Oahu, 14 on Maui, five on Hawaii island, five on Kauai, two Hawaii residents diagnosed out of state and three with locations pending.
• U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to scout hotels on Maui that could serve as “alternate care” sites if hospitals become overwhelmed.
• Drive-thru testing center at War Memorial to reopen Monday; officials taking appointments today.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention travel recommendations:
• Avoid all nonessential travel to China, Iran, most European countries along with the United Kingdom and Ireland. Entry of foreign nationals from these locations has been suspended.
• Avoid all nonessential travel to Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Ecuador, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Panama, Philippines, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Thailand, Turkey.
• Older adults and people of any age with serious chronic medical conditions should consider postponing nonessential travel.
• All arrivals to Hawaii, visitors and returning residents, are required by law to quarantine for 14 days in hotel room or home.
• Defer cruise travel worldwide.
• Getting a flu shot.
• Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after nose-blowing, coughing or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
• Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid contact with people who are sick; stay home if sick.
For more information:
• Call 211 or text (877) 275-6569 for general questions about coronavirus.
• Hawaii Health Department: hawaiicovid19.com.
• CDC: Coronavirus.gov.