COVID-19 at a Glance
• No new cases reported statewide on Sunday for fifth time this month.
• The state total remains at 643 cases, with 414 in Honolulu County, 118 in Maui County, 81 in Hawaii County and 20 in Kauai County. Ten residents have been diagnosed out of state.
• Maui Memorial employee who worked in a recently closed “warm unit” tests positive for the virus.
• Hair and nail salons allowed to reopen today, with modifications.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on identifying COVID-19:
• Fever and cough are symptoms.
• Most people have mild illness and are able to recover at home. If you think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, contact your health care provider immediately.
• Keep track of symptoms.
• If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing), get medical attention right away.
• Getting a flu shot.
• Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after nose-blowing, coughing or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
• Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid contact with people who are sick; stay home if sick.
For more information:
• Call 211 or text (877) 275-6569 for general questions about coronavirus.
• Hawaii Health Department: hawaiicovid19.com.
• CDC: Coronavirus.gov.
To report violations of quarantine orders:
• Call (808) 468-9952.