COVID-19 at a Glance
• State Department of Health reports 25 new cases on Sunday, all on Oahu. There were also 24 new cases on Saturday, including 19 on Oahu, one on Maui, two on Hawaii island and two on Kauai.
• There have now been 1,023 cases statewide, including 744 on Oahu, 128 in Maui County, 93 on Hawaii island and 40 on Kauai. Eighteen residents have been diagnosed out of state. A total of 19 people have died, including 13 on Oahu and six on Maui.
• On Saturday, 2,099 people arrived in Hawaii from out of state. Three flights brought 127 people to Maui, including 55 residents and 43 visitors.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on identifying COVID-19:
• Fever and cough are symptoms.
• Most people have mild illness and are able to recover at home. If you think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, contact your health care provider immediately.
• Keep track of symptoms.
• If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing), seek medical attention right away.
• Some people who are not showing symptoms could have the illness.
Prevention is the best method for preventing illness. This includes:
• Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after nose-blowing, coughing or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
• Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid contact with people who are sick; stay home if sick.
• Wearing a face mask in public settings. The mask is intended to protect others.
• Social distancing, stay 6 feet apart from others.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.
For more information:
• Call 211 or text (877) 275-6569 for general questions about coronavirus.
• Hawaii Health Department: hawaiicovid19.com.
• CDC: Coronavirus.gov.
To report violations of quarantine orders:
• Call (808) 468-9952.