COVID-19 at a Glance
• State Department of Health reports 98 new cases on Sunday, including 91 on Oahu and seven on Hawaii island. On Saturday there were also 127 new cases, including 124 on Oahu, 2 on Hawaii island and one on Kauai.
• There have now been 12,116 cases statewide, including 10,939 on Oahu, 700 in Hawaii County, 388 in Maui County (including 17 on Molokai and none on Lanai), 59 in Kauai County and 30 out of state.
• DOH also reported one new death on Sunday and four on Saturday, all on Oahu.
• There have now been 132 deaths, including 107 on Oahu, 15 in Hawaii County, nine in Maui County, one out of state and none in Kauai County.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on identifying COVID-19:
• Fever and cough are symptoms.
• Most people have mild illness and are able to recover at home. If you think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, contact your health care provider immediately.
• Keep track of symptoms.
• If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing), get medical attention right away.
• Some people who are not showing symptoms could have the illness.
Methods for preventing illness include:
• Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after nose-blowing, coughing or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
• Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid contact with people who are sick; stay home if sick.
• Wear a face mask in public settings. The mask is intended to protect others.
• Social distancing: Stay 6 feet apart from others.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.
For more information:
• Call 211 or text (877) 275-6569 for general questions about coronavirus.
• Hawaii Health Department: hawaiicovid19.com.
• CDC: Coronavirus.gov.
To report violations of quarantine orders to the Maui Police Department:
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org.