COVID-19 at a Glance
• State Department of Health on Saturday and Sunday reported 228 new cases, including 56 on Oahu, 54 on Maui, 16 on Hawaii island and two on Kauai. Ten residents were diagnosed out of state.
• There have now been 27,981 cases statewide, including 22,111 on Oahu, 2,462 in Maui County (2,327 on Maui, 108 on Lanai and 27 on Molokai), 2,272 on Hawaii island and 186 on Kauai. A total of 860 residents have been diagnosed out of state.
• Two new deaths were reported Saturday and Sunday, both on Maui.
• There have now been 445 fatalities statewide, including 353 on Oahu, 53 on Hawaii island, 35 on Maui, one on Kauai and three residents who died out of state.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 tips:
• Fever and cough are symptoms.
• Most people have mild illness and are able to recover at home. If you think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, contact your health care provider immediately.
• Keep track of symptoms.
• If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing), get medical attention right away.
• Some people who are not showing symptoms could have the illness.
Methods for preventing illness include:
• Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after nose-blowing, coughing or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
• Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid contact with people who are sick; stay home if sick.
• Wear a face mask in public settings. The mask is intended to protect others.
• Social distancing: Stay 6 feet apart from others.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.
For more information:
• Call 211 or text (877) 275-6569 for general questions about coronavirus.
• Hawaii Health Department: hawaiicovid19.com.
• CDC: Coronavirus.gov.
To report violations of quarantine orders to the Maui Police Department:
• Email email@example.com.