Hana Boat Ramp and wharf project timeline:
• First week of July: Contractor on site to mobilize, bring in precasts.
• July 2: State sign with schedule and other details will be posted near work location.
• July 12 – July 23 (Goal is to finish within eight days but a few weather days have been included): Closure of boat ramp; mooring alternatives for fishing boats being researched.
• July 23 to end of August (about 35 days): Closure of boat ramp area to swimming and other recreational activity during rock revetment work.
• End of August through September: New loading deck section installed.
Nothing outside the boat ramp area in Hana Bay will be closed for swimming, recreation, paddling, fishing during construction, the state Department of Land and Natural Resources said Thursday.