Wailuku household displaced by fire

A household was displaced by a fire last week that caused an estimated $25,000 damage at a house on Kiele Street in Wailuku, officials said.

The fire was reported Thursday afternoon.

Wailuku firefighters arrived on scene and found smoke coming from a storage area in the house, said Fire Services Chief Rylan Yatsushiro. He said the fire was quickly contained to that area.

The cause was determined to be accidental and possibly related to electrical wiring, Yatsushiro said.

The American Red Cross reported that disaster volunteers responded to the fire.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)


Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today