County seeks input on upcoming budget for fiscal year 2023
The Maui News
Mayor Michael Victorino and his administration will host a series of community meetings in October to get input on the proposed budget for fiscal year 2023.
“These are unprecedented times as we continue to navigate through the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic,” Victorino said in a news release Tuesday. “Suggestions from the public help us prioritize what is best for our community, and understand how to better serve our residents.”
All meetings will be conducted online, with representatives from various county departments present at each meeting. Community members are encouraged to attend a meeting either as individuals or on behalf of an organization.
Each meeting will begin with an overview of each department, followed by a chance for participants to share concerns, offer input or ask questions of the department. Written comments can also be submitted using a community budget request form at mauicounty.gov/139/Budget-Office.
All meetings will begin at 5:30 p.m. and will be held online at bluejeans.com/5316 82980 or by calling (408) 915-6290 and entering meeting code 531 682 980. Participants can login starting at 5:15 p.m.
The schedule is as follows:
• Tuesday: Office of the Mayor, Office of Economic Development, Management.
• Oct. 7: Planning, Public Works.
• Oct. 12: Environmental Management, Water Supply.
• Oct. 14: Housing and Human Concerns, Transportation.
• Oct. 19: Fire, Police, Corporation Counsel, Prosecuting Attorney, Emergency Management, Liquor.
• Oct. 21: Finance, Parks, Personnel.
For more information, contact the Budget Office at (808) 270-7855 or mauicounty.gov/budget.