COVID-19 at a Glance
• State Department of Health on Wednesday reported 493 new confirmed and probable cases statewide, including 314 on Oahu, 89 on Hawaii island, 62 on Maui, 19 on Kauai, three on Molokai and six residents diagnosed out of state.
• There have now been 73,268 confirmed and probable cases statewide, including 51,225 on Oahu, 9,111 in Hawaii County, 8,826 in Maui County (8,504 on Maui, 137 on Lanai, and 185 on Molokai), and 1,829 on Kauai. A total of 2,277 Hawaii residents were diagnosed outside of the state.
• Eleven new deaths were reported on Wednesday. Eight were on Oahu. They involved a man in his 30s, two men in their 50s, three men in their 60s, one man in his 70s and one woman 80 years or older. Two deaths were on Kauai, one man in his 70s and the other a woman 80 years or older. One death was reported on Hawaii island involving a man in his 70s. All had underlying conditions and were hospitalized.
• The statewide fatality count is now at 671, including 511 on Oahu, 79 on Maui, 67 on Hawaii island, eight on Kauai, one on Molokai and five residents who died out of state.
• Honolulu County is averaging 397 new cases a day and a test positivity rate of 8.1 percent, followed by Hawaii County at 87 cases and 7.0 percent, Kauai County at 32 cases and 4.5 percent, and Maui County at 52 cases and 4.7 percent.
• Maui County’s “Safer Outside” initiative began on Wednesday. Customers 12 years and older need to be fully vaccinated in order to enter a restaurant, bar or gym. For the unvaccinated, there are options for dining outside and take-out. The initiative also tightens rules on gatherings and other matters.
To make a vaccine appointment:
• CVS/Longs Drugs: 877-0041, cvs.com/store-locator/cvs-pharmacy-locations/covid-vaccine/Hawaii/Kahului.
• Doctors on Call (Lahaina only): 667-7676.
• Hui No Ke Ola Pono (Cameron Center): 244-4647.
• Kaiser Permanente: 243-6000.
• Malama I Ke Ola (established patients only): 871-7772.
• Maui Clinic Pharmacy (53 S. Puunene Ave.): 264-4422 or go to the pharmacy to schedule an appointment.
• Maui District Health Office: 984-3780, DOH.MDHOCovid19Clinics@doh.hawaii.gov.
• Maui Health System (Maui Memorial and Wailea locations): mauihealth.org/covidvaccine/. Kupuna without a computer can call 242-2273 and leave a name, date of birth and phone number.
• Maui Medical Group: 242-6464, mauimedical.com/?page_id=10856.
• Maui Office on Aging: Coordinating scheduling of adults over age 65, call 270-7774.
• Mauliola Pharmacy (95 Mahalani St., Room 10): 446-3348, facebook.com/mauliolapharmacy/.
• Minit Medical: 667-6161, minitmed.com/vaccination-clinic.
• Safeway Pharmacy: Wailuku, 243-3522; Kahului, 359-2970; Kihei, 891-9120; safeway.com/pharmacy/covid-19.html.
• UH-Maui Campus Health Center: 984-3493.
For more information:
• Call 211 or text (877) 275-6569 for general questions about coronavirus.
• CDC: coronavirus.gov.
• Hawaii Health Department: hawaiicovid19.com.
• Maui County: mauinuistrong.info.
To report violations of quarantine orders to the Maui Police Department:
• Email email@example.com.