Local Religion / In Brief
Blue service today at Iao church
Iao United Church of Christwill hold a Blue Christmas Service tonight at 6 and a Christmas Eve Candlelight Service on Monday at 7 p.m.
The Blue Christmas service is a quiet service for people who may have suffered a loss and find it hard to be festive.
The church is at 2371 W. Vineyard St. in Wailuku.
Musical, services at Pukalani Baptist
Pukalani Baptist Church invites the community to a “Peace has Come” musical presentation at 6 p.m. Sunday.
On Christmas Eve, Monday, there will be a candlelight service starting at 6 p.m.
The church is located at corner of Loha Street and Old Haleakala Highway, across from Pukalani Superette.
For more information, call the church at 572-7968.
St. Theresa sets Christmas services
St. Theresa services include:
• Saturday, Misa de Gallo (dawn Mass), 5 a.m. (No reconciliation on Saturday.)
• Sunday, Mass, 7 a.m.
• Monday, Misa de Gallo, 5 a.m.; (No 7 a.m. Mass.); Christmas vigil, 6 and 9 p.m. and midnight; Midnight Mass, church doors open at 11 p.m., caroling begins at 11:30.
• Christmas: 8 and 10 a.m. Masses. (No evening Mass.)
• Dec. 29, reconciliation at 4 p.m.; Mass at 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. (in Spanish).
• Dec. 30, Mass at 7 and 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
St. Theresa Church is at 25 W. Lipoa St. in Kihei. 879-4844, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Christmas Mass at Maria Lanakila
Christmas Mass will be offered at Maria Lanakila, 712 Wainee St., Lahaina:
• 6 and 11:30 p.m. Monday: Mass with carols.
• 7, 9, 11 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Tuesday: Christmas Day Mass.
Emmanuel Lutheran worship services
Emmanuel Lutheran Church, l520 One St. in Kahului and 655 Wainee St. in Lahaina (Seventh-day Adventist Church), announces its Christmas worship services:
• 6 p.m. Monday: Sunday school, Kahului.
• 9 p.m. Monday: Candlelight Communion, Lahaina.
• 10 a.m. Tuesday: Lessons and carols, Kahului.
For more information, visit www.elc-maui.org.
Kapalua church announces Masses
Christmas Mass will be offered at Sacred Hearts Mission Church, Office Road, Kapalua:
• 6 p.m. Monday: Christmas Eve Mass.
• 7 and 9 a.m. Tuesday: Christmas Day Mass.
For more information, call the church office at 661-0552.
Services planned at St. Anthony
St. Anthony of Padua, 1627 Mill St., Wailuku, offers holiday services:
• 6 p.m. Monday: Christmas vigil Mass.
• 11:30 p.m. Monday: Caroling and midnight Mass.
• 7 and 9 a.m. Tuesday: Christmas Mass.
• 9 a.m. Jan. 1: New Year’s Day Mass.
Christmas services set at Ala Lani
Ala Lani United Methodist Church, 50 S. Papa Ave. in Kahului, announces services:
• 7 p.m. Monday: Carols and lessons.
• 11 p.m. Monday: Candlelight and communion.
• 10 a.m. Tuesday: Christmas Day Tongan service.
Candlelighting at Pookela Church
Pookela Church will hold a Christmas Eve candlelighting service at 7 p.m. Monday.
The church is at 200 Olinda Road above Makawao. Call 573-0903.
Caroling to open Trinity service
Trinity Episcopal Church in Kihei will hold Christmas Eve services beginning at 7 p.m. with carol singing, followed by celebration of the Holy Eucharist at 7:30 Monday. At 9 a.m. Christmas Day, there will be a quiet service at the church, 100 Kulanihakoi St.
For more information, 879-0161 or www.trinitybts.org.
Christmas Eve at Grace Church
Grace Church will be holding Christmas Eve candlelight service at 7 p.m. Monday.
The service will be held at 10 Kupaoa St. under the tent next to the Longs in Pukalani.
At 10 a.m. Sunday, there will be a tent worship service at the same location.
For more information, call 572-8384 or go to the website www.GraceChurchMaui.com.
Calvary Chapel candlelight service
Calvary Chapel South Maui will hold a Christmas Eve candlelight service beginning at 6 p.m. Monday.
The church is at 320 Ohukai Road, Suite 416. For more information, call 868-2400.
St. Joseph in Kaupo holds Mass Dec. 30
Father Drexel Ramos will celebrate the Dec. 30 Mass at St. Joseph Mission in Kaupo at noon; a potluck will follow.
The church is located between Mile Markers 33 and 34 on Piilani Highway.
* Local Religion in Brief welcomes news from churches and religious organizations. The deadline for submitting releases is 10 a.m. Tuesday for publication the following Friday. To submit material, call 249-6846 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.