Local Religion / In Brief
Buddhist Study Classes at Makawao Hongwanji
Makawao Hongwanji is offering weekly Buddhist Study Classes from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays and from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Saturdays. The classes will be presented as stand-alone units; there’s no need to attend in sequence. These classes are free and open to the public:
• Saturday — Buddhism Basics: What the Buddha Taught.
• Nov. 27 and 30 — Saho I: Attitude, Movement & Nembutsu Vocalization.
• Dec. 11 and 14 — Shogon I: Appreciating the Beauty of the Altar.
• Dec. 18 and 21 — Shugyo I: Buddhist Practices (meditation, chanting, recitation).
RSVP to email@example.com.
* Local Religion in Brief is published every Friday and welcomes news releases and announcements from churches and religious organizations in Maui County that wish to publicize guest speakers, special events and programs, and news items. The deadline for submitting releases is 10 a.m. Tuesday in order to be considered for publication the following Friday. To submit material, call 249-6846 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. “Church Listings” advertisements also are published on Fridays. For information, including cost or to update an existing listing, contact The Maui News advertising department at 242-6316 or adsales@ mauinews.com.