Local Religion / In Brief
Lent, Holy Week schedule set
Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Kahului announces its Lent and Holy Week schedule:
• 6 p.m. Wednesday — Ash Wednesday (no dinner).
• 5:30 p.m. March 4-April 1 (Wednesdays) — Lent suppers followed by Lent services at 6:30 p.m.
• 6 p.m. April 9 — Maundy Thursday service.
• 6 p.m. April 10 — Good Friday service.
• 6:30 a.m. April 12 — Easter sunrise service followed by breakfast at 7:30 and egg hunt at 8:30.
• 10 a.m. April 12 — Easter service.
• 5 p.m. April 12 — Easter service at 655 Wainee St., Lahaina.
Ash Wednesday service at Trinity
Trinity Episcopal Church By-the-Sea invites the community to its Ash Wednesday Service at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday. The Rev. Bob Nelson will celebrate the Eucharist and offer the Imposition of Ashes. The service will be held in Kilolani Hall on the the grounds of the church at 100 Kulanihakoi St., Kihei. For more information, contact (808) 879-0161 or visit trinity bts.org.
* Local Religion in Brief is published every Friday and welcomes news releases and announcements from churches and religious organizations in Maui County that wish to publicize guest speakers, special events and programs, and news items. The deadline for submitting releases is 10 a.m. Tuesday in order to be considered for publication the following Friday. To submit material, call 249-6846 or send email to community@ mauinews.com. “Church Listings” advertisements also are published on Fridays. For information, including cost or to update an existing listing, contact The Maui News advertising department at 242-6316 or email@example.com.