Local Religion / In Brief
Good Shepherd suspends services
In light of the coronavirus, Good Shepherd Episcopal Church in Wailuku has suspended its 5 p.m. Holy Eucharist on Saturdays as well as its 7 and 9 a.m. Holy Eucharists on Sundays until further notice.
The church is located on the corner of Church and Main streets. For more information, call the church office at 244-4656 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday, Tuesday or Thursday.
Church activities may resume April 5
All Faith in Jesus Church activities and services are canceled due to concerns about COVID-19. Tentatively, activities and services will resume April 5. The church is located at 432 Waiehu Beach Road in Wailuku.
Easter services at St. Anthony
Saint Anthony Church in Wailuku announces its Easter services:
• 5 p.m. April 4 — Palm Sunday
• 7, 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. April 5 — Palm Sunday
• 6 p.m. April 8 — Tenebrae service
• 6 p.m. April 9 — Holy Thursday (The Lord’s Supper)
• Noon April 10 — Good Friday, Stations of the Cross
• 6 p.m. April 10 — Good Friday, The Passion of the Lord and Veneration of the Cross
• 7 p.m. April 11 — Holy Saturday vigil, (no confessions)
• 7 and 9 a.m. April 12 — Easter Sunday
All services will be held in the church center at 1627-B Mill St.
Emmanuel Lutheran cancels all services
Due to concerns about the coronavirus, Emmanuel Lutheran Church at 520 One St. in Kahului has canceled all services until further notice.
* Local Religion in Brief is published every Friday and welcomes news releases and announcements from churches and religious organizations in Maui County that wish to publicize guest speakers, special events and programs, and news items. The deadline for submitting releases is 10 a.m. Tuesday in order to be considered for publication the following Friday. To submit material, call 249-6846 or send email to email@example.com. “Church Listings” advertisements also are published on Fridays. For information, including cost or to update an existing listing, contact The Maui News advertising department at 242-6316 or firstname.lastname@example.org.